Purchasing an inverter for your RV or mobile home is crucial if you want to power as many appliances as possible. Your inverter can convert your power from DC power to AC power which is more compatible with appliances you can find anywhere.
Although you can find appliances that run on DC power, they’re not as reliable or easy to come across as other appliances. Fortunately, you can use a Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 for any of your RV or motorhome inversion needs.
Even though most campers and travelers are satisfied with the performance of the Xantrex Freedom XC 2000, these inverters are not perfect. Please continue reading to learn about the most common problems people experience and the troubleshooting methods you can follow.
What is the Xantrex Freedom XC 2000
The Xantrex Freedom XC2000 is an inverter people usually use for their RVs or motorhomes. These inverters are compatible with lithium-ion batteries, which is the industry standard. In addition, most motorhomes already come with inverter hookups, so installation is easier.
The Xantrex Freedom XC2000 is a modern inverter that you can connect to your phone for easier control. For example, you might want to shut off your inverter while away from the RV to conserve power. You can shut it off using your mobile device to make things easier.
Common Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 Troubleshooting
Even though the Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 is generally reliable and has great customer reviews, people experience some problems. Below, we will detail these issues and how you can resolve them while you travel. Understanding these problems before you hit the road is crucial if you want to keep yourself safe.
1. Lack of Power Supply
The main purpose of your Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 is to convert DC power into AC power. However, this conversion process is pointless if you don’t have enough power supply to accomplish this task. The following are reasons you could have a lack of power supply in your RV or motorhome.
- Not enough voltage: if you don’t have enough battery voltage, it’s impossible to supply enough power to your appliances. Without this power supply, your inverter won’t work properly.
- Too many appliances running: Whenever you run appliances in an RV or motorhome, pay attention to your energy consumption. Don’t run too many appliances simultaneously because it could interfere with your inverter.
- Old batteries: Lithium-ion batteries are not designed to last forever, so you may be overdue for a replacement. Most of these batteries wear out after five years, so check the performance around this time. This duration can vary depending on how often you use your inverter.
You’re probably not surprised you need a reliable power supply to have a well-functioning inverter. However, you should follow a few troubleshooting steps before moving on to other potential issues.
How to Fix Your Inverter Battery Power
If you’re experiencing problems with your inverter power supply, the resolution is easier than expected. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot your inverter battery power, so your device works as well as new.
- Use a filter meter to check your lithium-ion battery voltage
- Charge your battery if it doesn’t have enough volts
- Turn off some of your appliances
- Replace your old battery if it won’t charge
Remember, if you’re lithium-ion battery is at the end of its lifespan, there’s not much you can do but replace it. Keeping a battery that doesn’t work anymore is only delaying the inevitable.
2. Too Many Loads on Inverter
As discussed in the previous section, power consumption and availability are important when maintaining your Xantrex Freedom XC2000. However, power availability isn’t the only factor to consider. For example, if you’re putting too many loads on your inverter, you can have problems using the appliances throughout your RV.
How To Minimize Your AC Loads
Minimizing your AC power consumption is the best way to reduce the loads on your inverter. Many people mistakenly assume that loads only matter for their generators, but your entire system can be affected by overloading.
- Run on a generator instead of shore power
- Add technology to reduce power surges if connected to shore power
- Shut off appliances not in use
Following these easy tips will help you minimize your AC load so that your Xantrex Freedom XC2000 runs as it should. Unfortunately, when you receive too much electrical current or usage on these devices is impossible for them to run properly. This situation applies to inverters and generators alike.
3. Overheating Xantrex Freedom XC 2000
Finally, another common problem people have with the Xantrex Freedom XC2000 is the device overheating. However, this problem is not exclusive to these inverters and can happen with any of your appliances. Devices typically overheat due to crowding, too much effort, or being placed in a bad spot.
It can ruin your inverter if you don’t treat your overheating issue on your Xantrex Freedom XC 2000. Inverters are pricey to replace, so avoiding this damage is crucial when you own an RV or motorhome. The last thing you want to worry about is replacing major parts of your motorhome, like inverters or generators.
How To Fix Inverter Overheating
You should never allow your inverter to overheat because it can ruin your device. Instead, follow these troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem .
- Place your inverter in a different location: the space inside your RV or motorhome is limited. Unfortunately, the limited space sometimes makes people place their inverters and generators in front of a furnace vent without realizing it. Try putting your inverter in a different spot to see if the overheating problem persists.
- Turn off your inverter and allow it to rest: If you’ve been camping for a while, it’s likely that your inverter is worn out and needs a break. Turn your inverter off for 10 minutes and turn it back on to see if it runs properly. Every time you run a device for too long, it has a risk of overheating.
- Be mindful of your energy consumption: Running too many appliances simultaneously can cause problems with your inverter. Another problem they can cause is overheating your device.
- Remove clutter from around your inverter: Finally, if you have too much stuff around your inverter, it’s easier to cause overheating. Remove any clutter from the area, so there’s plenty of breathing room. If your vents are blocked, your inverter will overheat.
Although these are the most common issues people face with their Xantrex Freedom XC2000, the problems don’t stop there. There are situations where you may need to take your inverter to a professional for assistance.
Is it Better To Repair or Replace Xantrex XC 2000?
You will save more money if you repair your Xantrex Freedom XC2000 instead of replacing the inverter. Inverters are expensive parts of RV ownership and require repairs on occasion.
Eventually, your new inverter will need repairs too, and you don’t want to replace the device every time something goes wrong. It would be best to save your money for other camping experiences if possible.
However, there are some situations where replacing your inverter is necessary. In these situations, it would be best to replace the device as soon as possible so you can get back on the road quickly. You will want to resolve your inverter problems as soon as possible.
When To Contact the Manufacturer
Many inverters come with a warranty plan that you should take advantage of. However, sometimes, you experience problems with your Xantrex Freedom XC2000 before you have the chance to use this device.
In these situations, you should always contact the manufacturer for a replacement or a refund, depending on the circumstances of the event. It’s important to understand that if you damage your inverter, the manufacturer is unlikely to refund or replace it.
They will be able to identify if the problem comes from the manufacturing facility or if the damage happened while the inverter was in your possession. Don’t waste your time sending an inverter back due to the damage you caused.
You can also contact the manufacturer for assistance with your inverter if you experience problems within the first year. Sometimes, manufacturing problems don’t show up for several months, but that doesn’t mean you need to pay out of pocket for repairs. Instead, contact the manufacturer before bringing your device to a maintenance specialist.
Whenever you own an RV, camper, or motorhome, it would be best to have a reliable inverter in your arsenal. Fortunately, the Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 is a great pick for people looking for an inverter to convert from DC power to AC power. In addition, this conversion will allow you to access a larger array of appliances.
Most of the problems people face with their Xantrex Freedom inverter are easy to resolve without purchasing or replacement. However, eventually, you will need to replace your RV inverter and update your interior. Every device needs a replacement eventually.